What is Operator Connect?
Enabling external PSTN calling to Teams using a third-party carrier such as Colt is also known as Operator Connect. It is now the preferred and simplest way to enable external calling via Microsoft Teams.
Colt PSTN and Microsoft are fully integrated, allowing our customers to get their numbers into Teams in a matter of days. This is done through the Operator Connect connectivity method, which is the newest way to integrate telephony in Teams.
Operator Connect Ordering Portal
To accelerate the ordering process and empower our customers, on Monday 20st June we launched a new ordering portal for Colt customers.
Now as an onboarded Colt customer you can choose to do the ordering, reserve numbers, enter location address and sign the contract all in the new portal.
What are the advantages of using the portal
This portal allows you to self-serve, with digital forms, automated responses, and intuitive workflows
For further information about Operator Connect click here
How to Place an Order
1. Go to Microsoft Operator Connect - Colt Technology Services and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find this screen.
2. To access the Colt Operator Connect page you can
a. Use the Colt Online access – if you still don’t have one >> create one here
b. Use your Account Number (OCN) and the email associated with that account OCN
c. If you are not yet a customer follow this process insert page
3. After logging you will see the main page
4. Chose the country in which you will like to have services. And automatically you will see our different voice plans
5. The Voice plans available are :
- Domestic 1000: 1 000 minutes available for calls to domestic fixed destinations in the country
- Domestic 500: 500 minutes to calls to domestic fixed destinations in the country.
- Europe 500: 500 Minutes to international fixed destinations in 13 countries (GE, UK, FR, ES, PT, IT, CH, SW, NL, BE, AT, DK and IE) and 1000 minutes to domestic fixed destinations
- Additional Mobile minutes: Available only if Domestic 500, Domestic 1000 or Europe 500 is chosen is a Complementary bundle with 500 mobile minutes.
- Pay as you Go: Calls are billed per minute
6. After choosing, one or multiple voice plans, that will be associated with your MS Team users you can proceed to enter the address of the office for which you want to order numbers.
Note : You can add up to 5 offices per country and can reserve up to 100 numbers per office.
7. Please enter the address, validate it and finally save the address before going to next step.
Note this address needs to be exact because numbers are register within the emergency system of your country with the given address.
8. After Clicking on Save you will be able to reserve numbers for the users in the office.
These numbers will later be confirmed by Colt and sent to your Teams tenant to be assigned to your end users, IVR or others.
In some countries, you must choose the Local Area Code that corresponds to the City of the Address
Then chose the number of users you want to have a number assigned to in that office and click on Reserve Now
When the reservation is complete you will see the success message
You can repeat this operation for all the countries and/or offices where you wish to contract services in.
In Additional Services, you can find the installation fees that are automatically calculated for you.
And you can also find other services like: Call Forwarding configuration, Clip no Screen/Clip Screen, configuration and Auto Attendant or Call queue configuration
You can save a draft if any information is missing, at any point during this journey
If you click on next you can enter the contact information and verify your legal companies address
After doing the modification necessary you can click on next
The final recap page will appear, where you can check all the information entered ( if any changes just click on the back button below)
You must provide your tenant ID on this page.
Follow these steps to find the Tenant ID in Azure Portal
1. Sign in to the Azure portal.
2. Select Azure Active Directory.
3. Select Properties.
4. Scroll down to the Tenant ID section and you can find your tenant ID in the box.
Preview your contract by clicking on the bottom right
If you are ok with the information then
Please put the contact information on the digital signature box
Then click on Submit to Sign
You will receive an email from Docusign asking you to electronically sign the Operator Connect Contract
After this is signed you will receive a confirmation email and your order will be processed