- How to enable Single Sign On for Colt Online?
- What options are available in Colt Online?
- Which notifications/subscriptions are available in the contact management module?
- How do subscriptions and the contact management module in colt online work?
- How can I view the notifications/subscriptions that I am set up to receive from colt?
- What is Planned Works ?
- What is the Order Management Portal?
- Is it possible to download reports from the (Skylight Analytics) Performance Reporting tool?
- What products and KPI’s are included within the Skylight Analytics reporting tool?
- What is a “reseller certificate” and why is Colt asking that I send one?
- Does my company need to contribute to FUSF?
- What is the Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF)?
- Operator Connect – Modification portal
- How to create a user to access Network Services – Performance Reports (Skylight Analytics)
- How to access the Network Services – Performance Reporting tool (Skylight Analytics) in Colt Online
- Disaster Recovery Online
- Colt Intelligent Number Routing Platform Datasheet
The FUSF is a fund established by law in 1934, aimed at funding high-speed networks and services for American consumers at just, reasonable and affordable rates, focusing on specific areas and needs through 4 programs (rural areas, low-income consumers, schools and libraries, rural health care).
The FUSF is paid for by contributions from providers of telecommunications based on an assessment of their interstate and international end-user revenues.
Those contributions are levied by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
Click here to see all help information related to FUSF.