Where can I find the details of my service?
You can find details on your services by clicking on the “Services” tile the landing page, searching for the specific service in the search bar if not already displayed on the page, clicking on the link (Circuit ID/Service Identifier).
If it is transmission or data service, your circuit ID is a mix of letters and numbers in a specific format, separated by forward slash. E.g.: ABC/DEF/LE-12345, ABC/DEF/IA-12345, PAR/PAR/E1X125456.
If it is a voice service it could be the telephone number of the line itself. Or a reference such as: E.g.: CVIP-123456789-0, or IPV12345678
- Which notifications/subscriptions are available in the contact management module?
- How do subscriptions and the contact management module in colt online work?
- How can I view the notifications/subscriptions that I am set up to receive from colt?
- What options are available in Colt Online?
- What is Planned Works ?
- What is the Order Management Portal?
- What is a Product Communications Contact?
- Why is there a warning symbol next to some of my contacts?
- Voice Config Order Portal – Technical Guide
- Voice Config Order Portal – Self Help Guide
- How can I log a ticket to request information about an outage in my service?
- How can I log a ticket for a fault in my service?
- How to raise a Billing Enquiry?
- How to view and dowload invoices and reports?
- Voice Inventory Portal User Guide
- Why can I not add a subscription for my account?