- How to enable Single Sign On for Colt Online?
- What options are available in Colt Online?
- Which notifications/subscriptions are available in the contact management module?
- How do subscriptions and the contact management module in colt online work?
- How can I view the notifications/subscriptions that I am set up to receive from colt?
- What is Planned Works ?
- What is the Order Management Portal?
- Operator Connect – Modification portal
- How to create a user to access Network Services – Performance Reports only
- How to access the Network Services – Performance Reporting tool in Colt Online
- Disaster Recovery Online
- Colt Intelligent Number Routing Platform Datasheet
- How to raise a request for change for SDWAN services
- How to add/remove domain(s) used in my Single Sign On setup in Colt Online?
- How to inform Colt when my IdP certificates used for Single Sign On are about to expire?
- What are the steps to set up Single Sign On for my organisation?
How to use the historical tests done in the Service Test Portal ?
Select the service and click on View and Apply under the Health Test icon:
Historical Tests can be viewed based on the Health Tests run on the service and Loopbacks applied.
Click on the PDF icon to download the Test Results
The image below shows an example of the results for a Full Y.1564 service test conducted on an Ethernet Service via the Service Test Portal. The status of a test is indicated by the Test Result Status Column (Status parameter in the PDF), indicating:
- PASS – The service has passed the Y.1564 test
- FAIL – The Service has failed the Y.1564 test
Error codes will be displayed to the user in the event of an error initiating a Loopback or Health Test. Below is a summary of the Error Messages:
Y.1564 – Standard Test and Health Check Messages
Y.1564 – Standard Test and Health Check Messages
|TA001||Test Portal is unable to communicate with the end device selected. Test Setup has failed|
|TA002||The initiation sequence to set up the Y.1564 test on the selected device has failed|
|TA003||An unsupported command has been executed on the selected device. This may be because the software revision on the device is not up to date and does not support the command|
|TA004||The Test Portal command to the end device has failed|
|TA005||Test execution has failed because one of the endpoint devices is not reachable|
|TA006||A loop is already applied on the far end device. The Test Portal is therefore unable to execute a loop in order to initiate the Y.1564 test.|
|TA007||Selected circuit is configured incorrectly or certain configuration data is incomplete. Y.1564 test cannot be initiated.|
|TA008||Device/circuit information retrieved for the selected service is inconsistent with Colt internal systems.|
|TA010||Failed to update the progress status information for the test. Test Portal has lost connectivity to the device under test.|
|TE001||Y.1564 test is already in progress on the service/circuit selected. Cannot initiate another test on the same service.|
|TE002||Invalid circuit information retrieved from the service inventory and the system is unable to proceed with the request.|
|TE003||Error no. not assigned|
|TE004||Internal notification of Planned Works in progress. Test cannot be initiated because of this maintenance work that is underway on the circuit. Planned Works Reference number is displayed and the start/end dates of the activity.|
|TE005||Test initiation has failed because the Health Check Test is not supported for this particular service/device.|
|TE006||Service Test has been attempted with a bandwidth higher than the device can support.|
|TEX003||Information retrieved from the circuit inventory is incomplete and insufficient to allow service test to be initiated.|
|TEX004||Information retrieved from XNG is inconsistent and insufficient to allow service test to be initiated. For example, details of the end point devices are incomplete or unknown device information is returned.|
|TEX005||Service Test has been attempted on a device with a bandwidth higher than the device can support..|
|TES001||Information received from the internal order systems is incorrect or incomplete.|
TExxx - Test Engine (TE) Error Messages
Customised Loopback – Error Messages
|TE001||Loopback cannot be applied on the selected end device because the circuit is already in use. Circuit could be in use for a Service Test with loopback applied or a customised loopback is already applied to the end device selected|
|TEX001||Information retrieved from the circuit inventory is incomplete and insufficient to allow loopback to be applied|
Common Error Messages
|XNG2032||End point device details cannot be retrieved from the Inventory for the circuit selected.|
|XNG2041||The device details for the circuit selected are incomplete - custom loopback cannot be applied.|